SEO assists businesses in enhancing their ranking on search engines such as Google, Bing, and others. With so many competitors, getting a higher rank is not easy. Therefore, SEO has the potential to make a difference and it makes SEO strategies so crucial for businesses.
According to research, local searches account for around 35% of all searches. Local search features such as Google’s “near me” have witnessed great progress over the years.
Search engines are constantly tweaking their search algorithms and modifying the value and that also adds certain aspects of your website. It also attaches a layer of complexity to the already challenging task that SEO managers face.
In this post, we have put together some of the best SEO strategies that can help you in improving your rank.
Here Are Some Effective SEO Strategies that will improve your ranking
- Use Structured Data
Today, Website crawlers have grown far more advanced and competent over the years. But, sometimes what is obvious to a human user is not clear to a machine. Because of it site crawlers occasionally make mistakes or omit data while indexing your site. The solution of this problem is to use structured data.
Adopting structured data is like formatting your website’s code into a consistent layout. Whenever search engine crawlers index your site, they will be apt to pick up a richer amount of data since it was presented in an “expected” format.
To assist webmasters to optimize their data, search engines have also built the open-source Schema.org. It has all the code conventions and measures to further structure your site and make it further “crawler-friendly.”
- Boost Page Speed
As internet speed is getting increased, users also expect to get results even more quickly. According to research by Adobe, nearly 40% of users will abandon a website if it takes too long to respond.
Don’t worry now you have a lot of solutions through which you can boost that load time, and many of them can be implemented easily. Use powerful compression for images to diminish your load time. You can also utilize a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to support global users to access your content without pinging your domestic server.
- Analyze Your Backlinks
Backlinks are a priceless component of a good SEO strategy but also keep this thing in mind that all backlinks are not created uniformly. Some will function better than others, so it’s essential to observe their performance. Analysis will assist you to recognize which sites drive the traffic of the highest quality.
You may also require to eliminate certain links or unilaterally disown them if they are not attaching or penalizing your search rankings.Therefore, many tools are there like Majestic, Ahrefs, or Moz Open Site Explorer to help you conduct a comprehensive backlink analysis of your website.
- Optimize for Mobile
The mobile search market has been increasing swiftly. No one can deny the fact that mobiles are more prominent than desktops. Today, mobiles have taken the lead and now account for nearly more than half of all web traffic globally.
There have been many measures for mobile development – from clunky mobile sites to the modern, technically, and visually elegant “responsive design.” Still, it’s not enough to look good. Sites also require to load faster else your visitors will get frustrated and depart from your site. Since Google has introduced AMP – an open-source project to deliver Accelerated Mobile Pages along with other tech companies to help you out.
Utilizing a stripped-down form of HTML, Google declares that AMP optimized pages to load up to 85% quicker. So, make sure that you optimize your site for mobile as well.
- Conduct Competitor Analysis
It is one of the powerful SEO tactics that can improve your rankings by doing comprehensive competitor research and analysis. The primary step to identify your key competitors, either by geography, industry, keywords, or any other relevant factors.
The precise analysis will assist you in discovering areas, where your competitor is working and maybe discover their weak areas through which you can get the benefit.
Every competitor analysis you do should incorporate these primary activities:
- Keyword Analysis: Analyzing your competitors is one of the most critical factors. You can use keyword suggestion tools such as – Moz Keyword Explorer, KeySearch, or Google Keyword Planner that can help you get keywords that your competitors are using and the ones you can use for yourself.
- Link-Building Analysis: Another critical SEO factor is link-building as it improves a site’s SERP rankings. Study their origin, numbers, and the anchor text they employ to help you in determining how your competition is doing on this front. It will be worth reaching those sites to check if they can give backlinks to your site as well.
- Content Analysis: Take a glance at the content on your competition sites. How often they publish new content. What is the length of their blog posts? How structured their content is. If your competitor is doing better in search rankings, it may be worth following those practices that seem most relevant.
We recommend tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, or SpyFu that assist you with the tiresome work that needs to be done for your site optimization.
- Utilize Secure HTTP
Utilizing the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) for encryption has many advantages:
- Security and Privacy: By securing conversation between users and your servers, risks of tampering or damage by third parties get reduced greatly. It results in a higher level of satisfaction among the users and from web browsers – many of which now show alerts whenever a user arrives at non-HTTPS sites.
- Enhanced Ranking: Many sites that switch to HTTPS can anticipate seeing a little boost in their search rankings. You can even witness a large number of referrals and traffic over time, as Google is more likely to support reliable sites in search results.
Shortly after moving to HTTPS, you will witness a decline in your website rank and search results performance. It is because of the move you make to your base URL. But, this fall will be short-lived, and you will recognize that your rank improves or even better in short order.
- Optimize for Voice Search
As you are making efforts to optimize your site for mobile devices, integrating better voice search functionality is a great idea. The goal of concentrating on voice search is to be deemed as a source for a “Featured Snippet” – as Google Assistant, Siri, and Alexa will read out information from those sources and frequently cite their sources as well.
These SEO strategies are effective and simple to implement. Make sure you apply them while planning to rank higher in SERP.